Tomato Shish Kabobs are a delicious way to prepare small tomatoes and other foods on the grill.
Let’s get started by making a simple Dijon-Rosemary marinade.
Dijon-Rosemary Marinade1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon dried or cracked rosemary
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. You can use stainless steel skewers like the ones we sell in our General Store, or if you use bamboo or wooden skewers, be sure to soak in water ahead of time so they won’t burn on the grill.
2. Use whole, small tomatoes. Pieces of large tomatoes will likely fall apart.
3. Make your kabobs with tomatoes and other ingredients, and place on a pan or casserole dish that they barely fit on. We used tofu to go with the tomatoes. Large sweet onion pieces, or prebaked potatoes would also be a nice addition.
4. Marinate your ingredients, by pouring the marinade over the top, then ladle or brush over the surface again until covered. If the marinade does not stick to the food, you may add up to 2 teaspoons of flour, and cover again
5. Note: If using a marinade with a lot of oil, there will be a bit of flare up when the kabobs first hit the grill. This will sear the outside of the food.
6. Do not walk away from the food on the grill; kabobs need to be turned frequently, about every minute or two depending on the heat.