3 cups loose fresh tomatoes cut in half (will puree into 2 cups)
1 teaspoon Penzey’s Salad Elegant
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon Penzey’s Cajun seasoning
1 ½ teaspoon Penzey’s 4/5 seasoned salt
3 large pealed cloves of garlic
1 Tablespoon soy sauce (may need a dash later)
2 Tablespoons olive oil (will need 1 tablespoon later)
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
3. Cut 2 pounds of tofu into approximately ½” slabs and lay into a large Pyrex or ceramic baking dish. We have some great lasagne pans for sale in our General Store under baking. A basic Pyrex one and Bodum's which comes with a silicone lid that can also be used as a trivet!
4. Spread marinade over the top of the tofu and bake for 60 minutes
5. Remove from oven and spread 1 tablespoon olive oil over the top of the tofu, and then turn each piece over in the pan
6. Continue to bake 20-25 more minutes until browned
7. The dish may be served as is or fried in additional olive oil and a bit more soy sauce for about 3 minutes on a high heat; be careful not to burn the tomato paste that covers the tofu
8. This made a wonderful compliment to fried potatoes with onions, scallions and sweet bell peppers at breakfast. It would also go quite well with sautéed asparagus.